Engineering Manager/ Lead Software Engineer( ROR/ FullStack)
Bengaluru / Engineering – Application Development / Full Time
Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Civic Engagement Platform. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 280 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
As a Lead Software Engineer , you'll be joining an established product delivery team dedicated to empowering our clients based primarily in local government. We’re expanding our tech team in order to provide better and more efficient services to our customers as we enter into a new phase of product expansion and capability. We recognise the need for specialisation and also believe in cross-functional Product teams: as an engineering lead you will be expected to not only provide clear leadership and direction regarding code quality, test automation, and solutions architecture, but also to be accountable for your team’s ability to deliver features and enhancements as accurately estimated increments. As part of a genuinely agile team in a Lean product delivery environment, you’ll be responsible for guiding your team to solve problems, meet goals and KPIs rather than merely delivering to a specification. We want to leverage your experience in leadership, software design, problem-solving and test automation strategy to help us continuously improve our delivery and collaboration processes. We have a range of technologies and our fair share of legacy combined with brand new initiatives. A healthy dose of pragmatism and a creative approach is required as we navigate our delivery strategy through a mixture of new and legacy products and services.
What you Get To Do
- Helping your Engineers grow their skills and experience
- Providing order of magnitude estimates to inform the Product Roadmap
- Help with agile project management processes to help the team deliver
- Help to interview candidates for all aspects of team fit (technical and cultural)
- Give regular and clear feedback around team member’s performance
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
Skills & Requirements
- Tech Stack :
- Mandatory : Ruby on Rails
You have extensive experience with different software systems; you can demonstrate experience designing, architecting and optimising solutions and have worked with and successfully modernised legacy systems before
- We are committed to continuous improvement; an open mind and a growth mindset enable iterative improvements across the team, our processes and our product
- Experience working as part of a product team; you have worked as part of a cross-functional team and recognise that pragmatism and adjustment are just as important as following a plan or working to spec’.
- You are a problem solver who is excited by a challenge. You know how to break a problem down and look at its component parts, but you can be creative and think out of the box as a way of solving that problem
- You understand iterative software development, what constitutes an MVP, and are passionate about the enablers for this: TDD and Continuous Integration.
You enjoy flexibility in your work. Our growth and pace of change means there are constantly new things to work on every day, and as such it’s likely that you’ll regularly be working on new and exciting projects.
- Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.