Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; Portland, OR; Raleigh, NC; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA;
Remote / Sales & CS – Sales Operations / Full-time
Crunchbase helps over 70 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, salespeople, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that are shaping how companies and people connect, using our intelligence and data to help them communicate in a more meaningful way with one another.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, Raleigh, San Francisco, and Seattle
Sales at Crunchbase
The Sales team is responsible for spreading the adoption of our SaaS and API products.
Our team is looking for a Solutions Engineer to support our Sales and Customer Success teams by working on pitching Crunchbase products to new potential clients and solving technical challenges for existing customers. You will use your deep understanding of the product and the needs of clients to build efficient processes to scale our onboarding and sales processes. You’ll partner with Sales, Customer Success, Product, Engineering, and Partnerships teams to drive various initiatives to support and scale Crunchbase. The ideal candidate will combine technical, product, and business skills to help our clients be successful within the platform.
What You'll Do:
- Work alongside Customer Success and Sales teams as the ultimate product specialist and demonstrate and communicate the value of the Crunchbase platform throughout the sales cycle (including POCs, demos & technical evaluations)
- Serve as the technical point of contact for Sales & CSMs; help complete RFPs and questionnaires (i.e. security questionnaire) and build technical collateral to help Sales & CSMs
- Identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers; proactively work cross-functionally (Sales, Support, Product Management, Engineering) in order to get deals across the line
- Partner with customers' technical teams to help them be successful with our API products, including answering technical questions and showing them how to achieve their use cases via demos
- Work with customers’ technical teams and admins to help implement SSO and troubleshoot any team administration issues for our new ‘Crunchbase for Teams’ product, which will allow enterprise teams to work directly inside our core Crunchbase.com application
- Synthesize customer feedback and interactions to identify common themes or opportunities; Collaborate closely with Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to actively surface high-value opportunities by providing recommendations with strong supporting evidence and business case
- Own the knowledge base, process, and resources that Customer Success and Sales can use to be successful, alongside our customers
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer, Technical Account Manager, or Level 1 Engineer
- Experience communicating with technical and business audiences, including proven ability to interact with both internal partners and external prospects/customers, and synthesize their feedback
- Knowledge of the enterprise software space
- Deeply curious, wants to understand the why, and excited to dig into the details to find answers
- Ability to troubleshoot with customers at a technical level, including working with customers’ tech team
- Comfortable independently developing and implementing recommended approaches to sophisticated or ambiguous problems while making thoughtful trade-offs (including coming up with creative workarounds to unblock customers)
- A background that combines business experience and technical knowledge
- A strong understanding of web services, APIs, CSVs, and related standards such as RESTful and HTTP
- Proven track record working with relational databases in Data Platforms and APIs using python, java, Postman or other suitably mainstream programming languages including both programmatic generation of requests and transformation of responses
- Able to understand high-level system architecture, and take into account built-in tradeoffs when building demos and solutions
What Crunchbase Offers:
Competitive salary and equity Remote first policy Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement 14 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) Volunteering Paid Time Off Incredible medical, vision, and dental benefits for employees & their families Free One Medical Group membership for employees & their families 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in Monthly internet stipend Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space Annual carbon offset Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!