Data Quality Manager
You'll manage a team of Project Managers and Data Specialists and collaborate closely with Business Development, Product, and Engineering to grow, enrich, and ensure the accuracy of the Crunchbase dataset.
Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; New York, NY; Portland, OR; Raleigh, NC; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA;
Remote / Product – Data Management / Full-time
Crunchbase helps over 70 million people around the world connect with the companies and people that matter. We are democratizing access to opportunities so that entrepreneurs, investors, job seekers, salespeople, and others can accelerate innovation for a better future. We are proud to build products that are shaping how companies and people connect, using our intelligence and data to help them communicate in a more meaningful way with one another.
We are committed to a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture by hiring for potential, focused on the inclusion of people who have different ways of thinking, different viewpoints, different backgrounds, and different skill sets. We value a transparent and open culture that positively impacts our teams and our products.
Crunchbase has a remote-first approach, and is open to hiring in these locations: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, Raleigh, San Francisco, and Seattle
Data Management at Crunchbase
Data Management is the heart of Crunchbase's product. Our mission is to deliver the best-in-class data to empower our users to make strategic decisions. You'll manage a team of Project Managers and Data Specialists and collaborate closely with Business Development, Product, and Engineering to grow, enrich, and ensure the accuracy of the Crunchbase dataset.
What You'll Do
- Lead the Data Management team and define annual/quarterly team goals
- Supervise our outsourced data teams on data expansion, enrichment, and cleanup
- Partner with Product and Engineering to prioritize our data road map
- Manage a portfolio of activities and resources across multiple functions: data operations, data quality, and reporting
- Create strategy for ongoing data auditing and lead recruiting efforts to grow the team
- Advocate for the team's needs and trumpets their successes to the wider organization
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years experience managing a team of 5+ direct reports
- Experience with project planning and data quality/audit
- Strong people management and coaching skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills -- speaking to internal executives and external partners comes with ease
- SQL skills
- Vendor management experience a plus
- PMP certification a plus
What Crunchbase Offers
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first policy
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Monthly fitness / mental health reimbursement
- 10 weeks of fully-paid time off for new parents
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly internet stipend
- Work from home allowance to purchase furniture for your work from home space
- Annual carbon offset
- Matching charity contributions for our Townhall awards
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
At Crunchbase, we value team members who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we're building here. We believe there is no "perfect" candidate, and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you're passionate about Crunchbase and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!