Who You’ll Work With
We're a team ensuring the achievements of Slalom's strategic goals of incubating new and emerging technologies. By accelerating partnerships, supporting specific practice areas, and scaling high-demand and cutting-edge capabilities we empower our clients, our partners, and our people. As One Slalom, join us to help build a better future powered by data and technology.
The Global Data & Analytics team is seeking an experienced Data Management Solution Owner with extensive experience delivering data-centric transformation projects. An ideal Solution Owner is a technology and agile delivery expert who is deeply dedicated to driving success on a project. They partner with clients to translate requirements into actionable user stories and lead multi-functional development teams to shepherd those stories into working products on time and on budget.
The Solution Owner combines elements of roles spanning product owner, business analyst, scrum master, and project manager to guide clients and teams through the implementation of cutting-edge data solutions, providing valuable business insights and solving business problems.
When not serving directly in client-facing engagements, our solution owners will participate in activities to expand Slalom’s brand and elevate the strategic thinking and thought leadership of its professionals, such as author whitepapers, facilitate education sessions, IP, and Knowledge management and/or speak at conferences to increase awareness of Slalom.
What You'll Do
Master Data Strategy and Architecture:
- Manage the creation, implementation, and maintenance of master data management solutions that enable organizations to optimize their enterprise data architecture
- Design and launch master data transformation programs for Slalom’s clients while setting directions on program approach and delivery plan
- Develop master data vision, define roadmaps, create product requirements while overseeing design and development across multiple teams
- Define a unified cross-functional master data strategy that aligns with business goals and lays the foundation for enterprise-wide digital transformations
- Guide C-suite executives in mapping out enterprise architecture transformations and outline multi-year, multi-phase initiatives to implement those transformations
- Translate business requirements into the product backlog and develop roadmaps collaboratively with client product owners
- Create, coordinate, and prioritize backlog of work, and guide the client and Slalom team members through the delivery of the solution
- Drive the vision-to-backlog process with one or more Scrum teams
- Maintain the product backlog of features and user stories and prioritize the backlog according to business value and alignment with strategy
- Drive backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, and sprint demand estimation activities
Who You’ll Bring
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in architecting and managing enterprise master data solutions
- Proven success in roles managing client engagement teams that design and develop Master Data Management (MDM) solutions including strategy, governance strategy, data profiling, data quality, and architecture
- Deep understanding of cross-functional business processes and their interdependencies (sales, purchasing, planning, operations, logistics, finance, marketing, and engineering)
- Hands-on experience in implementing enterprise-level master data management tools
- 2-4 years of experience performing as a Scrum Master or Product Owner
- 2-4 years of experience in delivering programs using Agile methodologies and frameworks like SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, XP, or equivalent lean product development practices
- Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Master/Product Owner (CSM, CSPO, SAFe) or equivalent professional qualification